Olivia Pratt-Korbel: Man, 36, arrested on suspicion of murdering schoolgirl, 9

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after Olivia Pratt-Korbel was shot dead in her own home.

The nine-year-old girl was blasted near the front door door of her home in the Knotty Ash area of Liverpool, Merseyside, on Monday night.

Armed cops raided a property in the Merseyside area on Thursday night (August 25) and arrested a 36 year old man on two accounts of murder.

He is being quizzed by detectives who claimed just hours before that they were pursuing positive lines of enquiry.

Merseyside Police said: “We have arrested a 36 year-old man on suspicion of the murder of nine year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel.

“The man, who is from the Huyton area, was also arrested on two counts of attempted murder.”

Olivia’s family last night gave a heartbreaking tribute to the young girl.

They said: “Liv was a unique chatty, nosey little girl who broke the mould when she was born. She loved life and all it had to offer.

“Liv loved dressing up and was very particular on how she was dressed, like any other little girl she loved doing her makeup and nails, she was nine going on 19.

“Liv was adored by everyone who knew her and would instantly make friends with anyone and everyone.

“She was often seen going up and down the street on her new bike she had just got for her birthday.

“Although her life was short, her personality certainly wasn’t and she lived it to the most she could, and would blow people away with her wit and kindness.

“We as a family are heartbroken and have lost a huge part of our life.

“If anyone knows anything, now is the time to speak up. It is not about being a “snitch” or a “grass” it is about finding out who took our baby away from us. PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING.

“We as a family are eternally grateful for the help and support we have received from people across the world.

“We are also thankful to Merseyside police for the outstanding work and to the staff at Alder Hey and Aintree hospitals.”

Neighbours said they heard at least four shots as well as Olivia’s mum screaming.

In the aftermath of the attack, one resident told The Mirror: “You could hear it all. Her mum was screaming for help, she came running out into the street and she was banging on the car begging people to help her.

“But no one could do anything, everyone was too scared to come out of their houses.

“I’ve known the little girl since she was a baby. She was the brightest, loveliest girl.

“She was an old head on young shoulders and she was absolutely tiny.

“She was born premature and she didn’t look like a nine year old.

“They’re just a nice normal family, I can’t believe it.

“There were kids sat sobbing their hearts out on the street after it happened. “

Horrifically, a black Audi soon arrived to the scene to transport the injured man to hospital, leaving Olivia dying on the floor of her home.

“The 35-year-old man who had been chased suffered a number of gunshots to his upper body. Whilst Olivia lay dying, he was picked up by his friends who took him to hospital,” Chief Constable Kennedy said.

Cops have also arrested Joseph Nee, 35, who had been fleeing from the gunman when he burst into Olivia’s home.

Nee, a former drug dealer, had been recently released from prison after he was jailed for 45 months in 2018 for a string of burglary offences.

Officers arrested him in hospital on Wednesday for breaching the terms of his licence with ‘poor behaviour’.

Nee is recovering from gunshot wounds to his upper body and will return to prison once he’s been discharged by doctors.